Xavier Aptitude Exam, which is popularly known as XAT exam is the national level examinations held every year. This examination is conducted by XAMI (Xavier Association of Management Institutes) for aspiring students who wish to pursue their post-graduation in management subjects. The paper is well set so that the top creamy students get a chance to study in some of the most marvellous management institutes of the country.
Knowing More about XAT Examination
We have learnt that XAT examination is conducted by XAMI every year for students who are willing to opt for post-graduation courses in management. After scoring well in this test and clearing the cut off marks, you can get admissions in more than 100 B-schools of the country. XAT entrance exam 2016 will be conducted in different states of country and every eligible candidate needs to pay 1500 INR for registration. XAT examination is also conducted for foreign students. XLRI Jamshedpur is the conducting authority for this examination across states of India.
Eligibility Criteria for XAT Entrance Exam
Students who are keen to make the registrations for XAT entrance exam should know the basic eligibility criteria for this examination:
- Candidates who are graduated from the standard authority are eligible to give XAT entrance exam 2016.
- Candidates applying for XAT entrance exam need not to score 50 percent aggregate or an equivalent CGPA to apply for this exam as in case with other MBA examinations.
- Students pursuing final year of graduation can register for the examination if they are able to produce the final year mark sheet before the fixed time frame as given by B-Schools.
XAT Entrance Exam 2016 Paper Pattern
Most of you might be giving XAT examination for the first time. It is really important for you to know the paper pattern for XAT Entrance Exam 2016. It will help you to plan your studies in a better way and give you a brief idea how the XAT entrance test will be.
As you all know that the examination is aptitude based, the paper will be based on question that will check your mental ability. The students who are familiar with working on computers and the students who are not familiar with working on computers will have equal chance to score in XAT exam. The paper pattern is going to be straightforward.
|Decision Making||23|| |
|Verbal & Logical Ability||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||29|
|Paper 2||General Awareness||25||35 Minutes|
The XAT Entrance Exam 2016 paper pattern clearly depicts that it is the test to check the mental ability of students. It also checks the general awareness and English of students. You need to be careful while answering the questions as there is negative marking too in XAT entrance exam. One-fourth marks as assigned to the question are deducted if you answer that question wrongly. So it is advisable to answer the question only if you are sure to avoid negative marking.
Note: 47 cities around India have XAT centers for the examinations and 2 cities outside India conduct the XAT examination for foreign students.
Tips to Prepare for XAT Entrance Exam 2016
- Check out the Syllabus: The syllabus for XAT entrance exam 2016 will be available on its official website. You can check out the syllabus and plan studies accordingly.
- Make a Schedule: It is really important to plan a regular routine for to prepare for XAT examination. It helps you to prepare well before the examination.
- Coaching: Coaching is a better option for you if you are not the creamy student who can crack this examination without any outside help.
- Practising: Just studying and memorizing the things will not help. You need to practice out the things and solve previous question papers. This will help you in developing speed and solving the paper at ease.
XAT Entrance Exam is conducted all over India and in Kathmandu & Dubai for students looking to pursue MBA from topmost B-schools of India. The paper is little tricky and you really need to work hard to get the best scores.