The new iPhones have made their ways into the market, it’s the time to upgrade your smartphone. If you have planned to change your old Android device to new iPhone, then you also have to transfer data to your iPhone and you must know how to transfer to new iPhone. Today in this article we will show you 4 popular tricks by which you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS Max.
Apple.Inc has launched three new smartphones on 2018 keynote, named as iPhone XS, XS Max & XR. iPhone XS & XS Max have the same features but XS Max is much bigger. And iPhone XR is cheaper with a new LCD display. Have you made your mind to buy one of these iPhones? If yes, then you might be wondering how to transfer your contacts from Android to iPhone Max. It is a very difficult & hectic task, but we will help you in transferring the contacts from your old Android to iPhone XS Max. Let’s get started:
1) Transfer Contact from Android to iPhone XS Max in Single Click
If you don’t want to struggle while transferring contacts from Android to new iPhone XS Max and that too in a single click then there is no better way than dr.fone Switch. With the help of dr.fone Switch you can not only transfer contacts but also you can transfer Photos, Music, Videos, Message and lot more data.
Steps to follow:
- At first, you have to download dr.fone Switch in your computer and install it. Once you have done this you have to open the application and go to the Switch tab of the software.
- After that, you have to connect your both the devices Android as well as iPhone XS Max to your computer using USB cables.
- Once both the device has been detected by your computer you have to select Android as the source device & iPhone XS Max as the target device, as you wish to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
- Now select the data type you want to transfer. For example, Contacts, Select the contact and hit the ‘Start Transfer‘ button to begin. And you are all done.
2) Transfer Contact from Android to iPhone XS Max using Google Account
You can easily transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS Max using Google Account. But to do that you need to get your Google account and Android device synced at first.
Steps to follow:
- In your Android device go to Settings> Accounts> Google> Turn On ‘Contacts‘ switch.
- Now add the same Gmail email address in your iPhone XS Max to sync back the contacts. Go to Settings> Passwords & Accounts> Add Account> Google and fill in all the details.
- In the end, again go to Settings> Passwords & Accounts, tap on your Gmail account and ensure that ‘Contacts’ switch is turned on. And you are done, soon you will find the contacts appearing in your iPhone XS Max.
3) Transfer Contact from Android to iPhone XS Max using Move to iOS
Move to iOS is an app from Apple that allows you to make a smooth transfer from Android to iOS Device. With the help of this app, you can easily transfer data from any device to iPhone XS Max, iPads, iPod etc.
Not just only contacts but you can also transfer message history, bookmarks, photos, apps etc. But there is one glitch i.e It will transfer only data to a factory reset or brand new iPhone.
Steps to follow:
- At 1st you have to Download ‘Move to iOS’ app on your Android device. After that install it and once installation is done open the app.
- Now go to iPhone XS Max, set up the language, passcode, touchID. Once you are done, connect it to a Wi-Fi network. Browse for the ‘Apps & Data’ and select ‘Move Data from Android’.
- Again come back on your Android phone, click Continue and then click the Agree button. A prompt dialog box will come up asking for a code which will appear on your Android mobile.
- Now in your iPhone XS Max hit the Continue button and note the displayed code. You have to enter this code on your Android device. When both the Android and iPhone are connected to the Wi-Fi, select ‘Contacts’ from the data types and tap Next.
- At last, let the iPhone XS Max sync the contacts. You will need to set up an iCloud account at this moment. Once it is done, you can view the transferred contacts on the iOS device and you are done.
4) Transfer Contact from Android to iPhone XS Max using SIM Card
It is one of the old steps and most widely used step by which you can transfer contacts from your old Android device to new iPhone XS Max. You might be knowing that your SIM card can hold a certain no. of contacts and it varies on the carrier & phone model.
Steps to follow:
- In your Android device open the Contacts and click on More. After that go to ‘Import/Export’ or you will see an option to export contacts directly click on it.
- After that, it will ask where to export, click on ‘Export to SIM’ and then select the source of contacts i.e. Phone/Google/WhatsApp.
- Hit the Export button and continue following the steps.
- Now open the SIM card from your Android device, insert the SIM into your new iPhone XS Max. Soon in contacts, you will find all your contacts.
This process will only work if you have new SIM cards because old SIM cards which used to be bigger in shape & size will not be inserted in iPhone XS Max or either you have to cut it to fit into micro SIM slot.
This was all about the various methods that can be used to transfer contacts from Android to new iPhone XS Max. You can follow the same procedure to transfer contacts from your old Android device to any of the iOS devices. If you face any problem while transferring the contacts feel free to contact us or comment below.